Lesson 4 Appearance and Character
1. Look at the pictures and tell the time. Use a. m. or p. m.
2. Match the words with their definitions. Use the dictionary if necessary.
A) behaving in an unpleasant or rude way because you
Think you are more important than other people
B) wanting to know about something
Making someone suffer or feel unhappy
Not easily upset, worried or annoyed
Able to think of new, different and interesting ideas
G) embarrassed about meeting and speaking to other
Treating everyone in a way that is right or equal
Not wanting to talk about one’s abilities or achievements
Able to tell lies in order to get what they want
Able to be trusted or depended on
Not right or fair
M) clever but dishonest and unfair
The Dragons The Snakes
Are not only
4. Look at the mind map below and then make up sentences as in the model. Use the dictionary if necessary.
Confident, easy-going, hard-working,
Sensitive, friendly, funny, impatient,
Helpful, honest, kind, lazy, romantic,
Quiet, sensible, shy, sociable, tidy,
Untidy, unhappy, talkative
Attractive, good-looking, handsome, pretty, ugly
Overweight, short, slim, skinny, tall, well-built
Dark-, fair-, pale – skinned
Model: I have got a friend Her/his name is… She/he is very attractive. She/he is quite slim. She/he has got dark hair. She/he is usually easy-going and sociable Sometimes she/he can be rather moody.
5. Use the given word lists to make up dialogues as it is given in the model.
Model: A: What are your strengths?
В: I am a hard-worker. I’m dependable. And I am always eager to learn new things.
A; Are you a patient person?
В: I try to be.
6. Write descriptions of two people whom you know well. The plan below will help you:
3. Interests and hobbies
4. Why you like/dislike him/her