Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; навички аудіювання, усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку; виховувати зацікавленість у позашкільній діяльності.
Do ex. 1, p. 31.
Practise too and enough.
1. Have you ever eaten too much food?
2. What age is old enough to serve in the military?
3. What age is old enough to buy cigarettes and alcohol?
4. How much is too much money? Is it possible to have too much money?
5. Do you think designer brand name products are too expensive? (Gucci, Armani, D&G, etc.)
6. How about brand name products, are they too expensive? (Samsung, Sony, LG)
7. Have you ever been too afraid to do something?
8. Do you get enough exercise?
Do ex. 2, p. 32.
Make up sentences.
Meeting new people.
5. Listening and speaking
Practise the questions Are you fond of music? Then make up and practise short dialogues in pairs.
A. Are you good at drawing?
B. Yes, I like drawing and painting very much.
A. Do you want to join our Art Club?
B. And how do you spend time there?
A. We learn to draw and paint and go on trips to art museums.
B. It’s interesting. When do you usually meet?
A. On Wednesdays and Fridays.
Do ex. 3, p. 33.
Use this chart to ask your partners about their
– Do you like singing?
– Do you like surfing the net?
– Yes, I do./No, I don’t.
Surfing the net
Playing the musical instruments
Do ex. 1, p. 34.
– Text / chat with people you know
– Tell parents where you’re surfing
– Use anti-virus software
– Keep personal details secret
– Maximum privacy settings on Facebook
– Use child-friendly sites only
– No sharing of photos
– Always be skeptical of everything
Do ex. 5, p. 34.
Do ex. 2, p. 34.