Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; навички читання й усного мовлення з опорою на лексико-граматичні структури; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати любов до праці.
Complete the chart below with the following household jobs.
Sweep the floor, polish the furniture, pick up the toys, weed the garden, cut the grass, clear the table, do the laundry, make the bed, wash the dishes, sweep the porch, wash the car, mop the floor, wash the windows, dry the dishes, wipe off the table, clean the tub, lay the table, scrub the floor, dust the shelves, water the flowers, clean up this mess, clean up your room, clean the sink, rake the leaves in fall, take out the garbage, vacuum the carpet, fix the roof, put the food
In the kitchen
Sweep the floor
Answer the phone / door
Hang out the clothes
Mop the floor
Wash the windows
Sweep the porch
Scrub the floor
Pick up the toys
Cut the grass
Lay the table
Clean up your room
Water the flowers
Clear the table
Clean up this mess
Weed the garden
Wipe off the table
Make the bed
Fix the roof
Put the food away
Polish the furniture
Shovel the snow
Wash the dishes
Dust the shelves
Dry the dishes
Clean the tub
Rake the leaves in fall
Clean the sink
Do the laundry
Mow the lawn
Take out the garbage
Vacuum the carpet
Listen to the dialogue and do the task.
Mother. Children, Grandma and Grandpa are coming to visit this evening and I need you to help me with some chores. Have you all made your beds?
Children. Yes, Mom.
Mother. Rob, I want you to fill the dishwasher and then wash and dry the big dishes that can’t fit in the dishwasher.
Mother. Sue, I want you to take out the garbage. Then sweep and mop the kitchen floor, okay?
Sue. Sure. I’m excited Grandma and Grandpa are coming.
Mother. And Peter, would you clean the bathroom?
Peter. Oh Mom, I hate cleaning the toilet.
Mother. Okay, you clean the sink and bathtub, and I’ll clean the toilet. But then I would like you to help your Dad clean out the garage.
Mother. Well then, let’s get started. I’m going out to mow the lawn. Come get me if you need me.
Say if the statements true or false.
1. The children must help clean the house.
2. Rob has to wash and dry the small dishes.
3. Sue has to sweep and mop the bathroom floor.
4. Peter has to clean the toilet.
5. Dad has to cut the grass.
6. Grandma and Grandpa are coming tomorrow.
Key: 1 T; 2 F; 3 F; 4 F; 5 F; 6 F.
Teacher shows pictures and pupils write down the words.
4. Grammar practice
Do ex, 1, p. 57.
Do ex. 2, p. 58.
Key: 3 anything; 4 something; 5 everybody; 6 something; 7 anybody, nobody saw; 8 anything; 9 Nobody; 10 anybody; 11 Nothing; 12 anywhere.
6. Grammar practice
Do ex. 3, p. 58.
Fill in the gaps.
1. … knows what has happened. I am going to ask my mother.
2. We can’t find… to help us with English grammar.
3. We must find… to help us. We need help!
4. We can find… to help us. We don’t know what to do.
5. She was sure that… liked her. She was wrong.
6. We need… who can repair this car. We had an accident yesterday.
7. Don’t blame yourself for the mistake. … is perfect.
8. My son didn’t tell… about his plans. He went to the seaside yesterday.
9. Can’t you find… to help you?
10. Our holiday was perfect. … went as we wished.
11. I would like to go… peaceful for my holiday.
12. He was so helpful. He helped nearly… in the village.
Key: 1 nobody; 2 anybody; 3 somebody; 4 nobody; 5 nobody; 6 somebody; 7 nobody; 8 anybody; 9 anybody; 10 everything; 11 somewhere; 12 everybody.
Answer the questions.
1. Do you do anything at home after school?
2. Do you help anybody at home?
3. Do you get anything for doing chores?
4. Have you got anything unusual at home?
Do ex. 4, p. 58.