UNIT 2. CHOOSE THE CAREER!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN GOING IT?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous and Past simple і навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
1) Is being a rock star or sports star a job?
2) Who has the best job in the world? Why do you think so?
> Practise your grammar.
Do ex. 1, p. 24.
Do ex. 2, p. 24.
> Practise Present Perfect Continuous.
Put in the verbs in brackets into the gaps.
Example: __ she __ tennis for half an hour now? (To play)
Answer: Has she been playing tennis for half an hour now?
1) Andrew ____ in the country. (Not/to live)
2) How long __ your grandparents __ this car? (To drive)
3) They __ . (Not / to cycle)
4) Tony ____ this book, but Mary has. (Not / to read)
5) How long __ he __ for her? (To wait)
6) __ Andy __ on the blue car? (To work)
7) My brother __ hard enough. (Not / to study)
8) How long __ they __ for a flat? (To look)
9) I __ my homework. (Not / to do)
10) ___ you ___ the whole morning? (To sleep)
Match the phrases on the left with a possible suggestion of what has been happening.
Ron is very tired
He has been working very hard lately
Tom looks sunburnt
He has been studying English for ten years
It hasn’t stopped raining
He’s been sitting in the sun for two hours
I’m still learning Japanese
I have been saving money for years
You’re out of breath
I’ve been learning since 2005
Tim’s English is good
We’ve been going there for years
We travel to china every summer
I have been running
I have a million dollars
It’s been raining for two hours
Do ex. 3, 4, p. 25.
Do ex. 6, p. 25.
Ex. 5, p. 25.
See Activity sheets for Employers in Lesson 9.
ACTIVITY SHEETS FOR EMPLOYEES:
Questions to ask employers:
1) What company do you represent?
2) What kind of job do you offer?
3) How much does the job pay?
4) Where is it located?
5) Do you offer any benefits?
Is there any chance for a promotion or a raise?
Name of company
Work Experience: 2 years
Serving at a restaurant.
No experience/ Student
3 year at a Law firm.
Your Major: Economics
Your Major: English
Your Major: Law
Can speak English well.
License to practice Law.
Gets angry easily
2 years as a research
Three years at a bakery.
Assistant at M. I. T.
Your Major: Physics
Your Major: Biology
Didn’t go to university.
Computer programming skills.
Unreliable, gets bored easily.