UNIT 2. SCHOOL LIFE
IS YOUR SCHOOL LIFE INTERESTING?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення й аудіювання, систематизувати лексичний матеріал з теми, розвивати мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати доброзичливе ставлення до співрозмовника.
In groups, use this chart to ask your partners about their likes and dislikes. Then tell about it.
– Do you like learning?
– Do you like reading?
– Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
Reading thick books
Learning new words
Singing English songs
– Masha likes counting. Sasha doesn’t like reading thick books.
2. Writing and speaking
Do Ex. 1, 2, p. 42.
You are a Ukrainian pupil. Using prompts from Ex. 3, p.42 interview your foreign friends. What questions would you ask to your British friends about their school life? Find out:
– which city your friends have come from;
– how their schools are called;
– if they have favourite subjects;
– how many lessons they have every day;
– what extra-school activities they take part in;
– how many times a week they go to school;
– if they have to wear a school uniform;
– how many pupils there are in their classes;
– if they have got strict school rules;
– if they like all the teachers in their schools.
There are two situations in which a grown-up and a pupil are exchanging their opinions about schools. Which of these opinions belong to a grown-up and which belong to a pupil? How did you guess? Do you agree with these opinions?
Matt. I don’t like school very much. I have some problems with Maths and Geography. I’m always nervous when we have a test. Besides I hate doing homework. I think that everything is boring at school. School is a waste of time. I think I can get all information from books, TV and the Internet.
Mary. I lived in the country and I went to the small school in our village. We were all together – boys and girls of all ages. It was like one
Big happy family. My school days were very happy. The teaching was very good and there were a lot of extra-school activities. I sang in the school choir.
And what about you? Are you happy at school? Or is your school life boring? Tell about it.
5. Speaking Role-play
Read the task in Ex. 4, p.42 and make up a dialogue with your partner.
Answer the questions.
1) Do you like your school?
2) Can you tell five things you like about your school?
3) Have you got any problems with any school subjects?
4) Do you feel nervous when you have tests?
5) Do you like doing homework?
6) Which extra-school activities do you take part in?
7) Have you made friends with pupils from other classes?
Do Ex. 5, p. 42; project p. 4.