Unit 4 WEATHER. NATURE
1. Answer the questions about autumn.
1. What are the autumn months?
2. What is the usual weather for autumn in Ukraine?
3. What do people usually wear in autumn in Ukraine?
2. Describe autumn in your native town/village.
3. Read the words and word combinations.
4. Read the story about Elizabeth.
Elizabeth stared out her room window and watched the rain come down. She didn’t know what to do. Rainy Saturdays are so boring. As she looked around the room, the bright cover of a book caught her eye. She reached over to the bookshelf and pulled out one of the Nancy Drew Books.
Elizabeth’s mother bought her these books two months ago. The girl placed them on her shelf, but she decided to read one now. Mystery books are always interesting.
Soon Elizabeth read page after page with excitement, unable to put the book down. A noise downstairs drew the girl’s attention away from the book. Elizabeth looked at the clock and couldn’t believe her eyes. It was lunchtime.
Пильно дивитися, витріщати очі
To catch one’s eye
To reach over to
Тут: простягти руку до
Could’t believe her eyes
Не могла повірити своїм очам
To pull out
To draw attention
5. Choose the correct answer to each question.
1. How does Elizabeth feel when she reads about Nancy Drew?
2. Where does Elizabeth read a mystery book?
A) in a street
B) at school
C) at home
D) in the shop
3. Which statement is a fact?
A) Elizabeth looked at the clock.
B) Mystery books are always interesting.
C) Rainy Saturdays are boring.
D) Elizabeth is a nice girl.
6. What do you think rainy days are good for? Are they good for reading books? What do you usually do in rainy days? Are these days boring”? Write 8-10 sentences.