UNIT 6. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
Lesson 6.4 Merry Christmas!
1. Put the words in two groups.
Keep a secret
2. Say a true or false sentence about your last winter / last Christmas. Let your partner guess if it is true or not.
3. Match the words to the definitions.
Sad, not happy.
We can put a present in it.
Your parents, sisters, brothers, granny and grandpa.
We have got it at home at Christmas. We decorate it with bright balls.
When we don’t say a word about it.
We give it to people we love at Christmas.
4. Read a definition. Let your partner say the word with his/ her book closed.
5. Choose the true facts about the story.
A. Dad bought the sledge for mother.
B. The family had dinner in the evening.
C. Michael didn’t keep a secret.
D. The family went sledging in the morning.
E. Betsy made a secret present and put it under the tree.
F. Michael got upset at dinner.
G. In the morning the family opened all the presents.
6. Answer the questions.
What was in the box?
What secret did Michael keep?
7. Read and compare your answers in Task 6.
And Michael showed his secret box and said, “Surprise!” Dad opened the box and took a rope out. “Merry Christmas!” said Michael.
“Thank you! You saved our fun! Now we can sledge again!” “You kept a secret and made a surprise, Michael. Well done! And Merry Christmas to you!” said the family.
(After Phyllis Reynolds Naylor)
8. Write what the family did and didn’t do in the story. Use the words:
Buy, have, ask, keep, go, pull.
9. Look at the shapes of the words. Guess the names of presents.
Did you get such presents? Did you like them? Why (not)?