Цілі: вдосконалювати навички аудіювання й читання, уживання лексичного матеріалу за темою “Сім’я”; розвивати мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати позитивне ставлення до родинних стосунків.
Answer the questions.
1) What’s your surname?
2) How do you spell it?
3) What’s your name?
4) How old are you?
5) Where are you from?
6) What’s your address?
7) How do you spell it? (The name of the street)
8) What’s your telephone number?
2. Speaking Work in pairs
Ask questions about Dan to complete the chart. Use the questions above as prompts.
Address Flat 6, 29, Hull Road, Glasgow
Telephone 0904 776351
Zip code GL04HT
– What’s his name?
– He’s Dan.
Do Ex. 1, p. 8.
Listen to the short stories carefully and answer the questions as quickly as you can.
Will is from the USA. He is a singer in the band. He is eighteen years old and he is good-looking. His hair is blond and his eyes are blue. His favourite colour is red.
1) What nationality is Will?
2) Where is he from?
3) Is he a singer?
4) How old is he?
5) What colour is his hair?
6) What colour is his eyes?
7) What’s his favourite colour?
Linda is from Poland. She is an actress. She is twenty-five years old and she is pretty. Her hair is brown
1) What nationality is Linda?
2) Where is she from?
3) Is she a singer?
4) How old is she?
5) What colour is her hair?
6) What colour is her eyes?
7) What’s her favourite colour?
5. Reading and speaking
Do Ex. 2, p. 8.
Key: the correct order of the sentences – 4, 1, 9, 6, 2, 10, 5, 7, 3, 8.
6. Reading and speaking Practise the family vocabulary,
Study the family tree and say whether the following statements are true or false. If they are false say the correct answer.
1) Jane is Dorothy’s mother.
2) Pete is Ann’s father.
3) Tom is Mary’s husband.
4) Theresa is Tom’s wife.
5) Louis is Charlie’s brother.
6) Beatrice is Louis’s cousin.
7) Dorothy is Beatrice’s aunt.
8) Tom is Louis’s uncle.
9) Charlie is Mary’s nephew.
10) Beatrice is Theresa’s niece.
11) Ann is Theresa’s sister-in-law.
12) Tom is Dorothy’s brother.
13) Dorothy is Pete’s daughter.
14) Ann is Mary’s sister.
15) Pete is Charlie’s grandfather.
16) Beatrice is an only child.
17) Dorothy has two children.
18) Jane is Beatrice’s grandmother.
19) Louis is Jane’s grandson.
20) Dorothy is single.
Do Ex. 3, 4, p. 8-9.
Answer some questions about the relationships.
1) Is your grandfather only your mother’s father?
2) Is your aunt your mother’s or your father’s sister?
3) Do your parents make you help them with the housework? What do they make you do?
4) Do your parents let you invite friends to your home (very often, rather often, very seldom, rarely)?
5) Do your parents make you go in for sport? Which?
Make up a project (p. 9)