Present Perfect and Past Indefinite.
1. We have just come home.
2. My friend has already left for Kyiv.
3. I got a letter from my cousin yesterday.
4. I watched that comedy a month ago.
5. I have never been to Paris.
6. We attended a tennis club last weekend.
2. It was dark, that’s why we decided to put up a tent.
3. Our class decided to go on a hike, that’s why we packed rucksacks.
4. The weather was wonderful, that’s why we spent the last weekend out of town.
5. I like the sights, that’s why I have taken pictures of them.
6. Nick is a great traveler, that’s why he has chosen a walking tour for Sunday.
Time to Read.
Answer the questions.
1. Helen’s dream was to visit London.
2. Yes, she did.
3. Ann is an experienced traveler.
4. She has been on move all her summer holidays. She taught the Canadian girls to embroider in Ukrainian national style.
5. She is into embroidering, cooking, swimming.
6. She went to her granny’s place to Belarus.
Helen was impressed by visiting the British Museum.
Ann taught the Canadian girls to embroider in Ukrainian national style,
Time to communicate.
A) I could accomplish my dream in summer. I visited London. I made a shopping trip there and of course I had a sightseeing tour. I visited museums and was impressed by visiting the British Museum. I really had memorable holidays.
B) I have been on the move all my summer holidays.
My cousin Dennis invited me to visit him and I went to Lviv. His came from Canada came there and I also participated in a welcoming party. Here I had a chance to practice one of my hobbies. I taught the Canadian girls to embroider in Ukrainian national style.
I had a great travelling experience this summer.
C) – Look here, Kate. Here is the Eiffel Tower on your T-shirt. Did you visited France or did you do just some shopping?
– I adore going shopping, but I did it in France.
– Great. Was it a sightseeing tour or a study visit/
– Both. We had French lessons 3 times a week. The rest of the week was given to sightseeing. I was very impressed by climbing the Eiffel Tower.
– No wonder. Travelling was always exciting.
– And where did you go?
– Personally I was on the move all my summer holidays. At the beginning of the summer I visited Kyiv, My cousin invited me to see her. Her friend from the USA came and I took part in the welcoming party.
– Let me guess. You taught her how to cook Ukrainian dishes.
– Poor guess. She liked Ukrainian songs and I taught her to sing some of them.
– Great. You had a chance to practice your hobby.
– In a way. But then I went to Odessa and finally I visited my grandparents in the village.
– So we prove the truth of an old saying “Travelling is worth trouble taking”.
Time to write
I adore travelling and this summer I have accomplished my dream. I visited London. I was both a study visit and a sightseeing tour. We had English lessons 4 days a week. The rest of the week was given to sightseeing. We visited lots of places of interest. But I was really impressed by visiting Buckingam Palace.
Then I visited Kyiv. My cousin invited me to see her. Her friend from the USA came and I took part in the welcoming party.
I could also practice my other hobby. The American girl liked Ukrainian song and I taught her how to sing them.
Finally, I visited my grandparents who lived in a village. So I was on the move all my summer holidays.