UNIT 6. IS THE EARTH IN DANGER?
WE WOULD HAVE LESS POLLUTION IF…
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання Phrasal verbs і навички вимови, аудіювання, читання й письма; розвивати культуру спілкування й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
1) Do you worry about the environment?
2) What is the quality of the environment in your country?
3) What are the biggest problems facing our environment?
4) How important is the natural environment to you in your daily life?
5) What would you do to save our environment?
Discuss the list of ways to stop pollution. (Checking the homework)
Do ex. 3, p. 97.
Do ex. 6, p. 97.
Do ex. 1, p. 98.
Fill in the gaps with the necessary words.
1) The earth’s climate is changing and the world is becoming w___.
2) Climate change is caused by h___ activities.
3) Petrol, oil, and coal are called f__ __.
4) The burning of fossil fuels releases harmful g__ __.
5) One of the main greenhouse gases is c__ __ (CO2)
6) Another harmful gas is called m___.
7) Greenhouse gases trap heat from the sun in the earth’s a___.
8) As a result of the ice melting in the North and South Poles, the sea l____ are rising.
9) Climate change can cause an increase in f___, h___ and___.
10) An international agreement on climate change is called the K___.
Key: 1 warmer; 2 human; 3 fossil fuels; 4 greenhouse gases; 5 carbon dioxide; 6 methane; 7 atmosphere; 8 levels; 9 floods, hurricanes, drought; 10 Kyoto Protocol.
Do ex. 2, p. 98.
> Work in pairs.
Discuss with your partner the following questions:
If you could be anyone in the world, who would you be?
If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
If you had a special power, what would you be able to do?
If you could make one change to the world, what would you do?
If you could change something about your past, what would you change?
What would you like to do if you were a member of the opposite sex for one day?
If you had billions and billions of dollars, how much would you give to charity, and which charities?
If you could go on a date with anyone in the world, who would it be?
If you went back in time, what year would you go to?
If you stopped studying English, would your life change?
If you told me all of your secrets, would I be shocked?
If you changed your name, what name would you choose?
If you could speak three other languages. What would they be?
If you could decide what happens in your life tomorrow, what would you want to happen?
Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world?
If a natural disaster hit your town, what would you do?
If you became a rock star, what kind of songs would you sing and what image would you have?
If the world was going to end at 3.37 tomorrow afternoon, what would you do up until that time?
If you were the world’s best at something, what would you like to be best at?
If you were a colour, what colour would you be and why?
Do ex. 3, p. 98.
1) What are some types of pollution?
2) What are some ways that you can reduce pollution in our country?
Write down your ideas on the following subject: Which is more important, increasing people’s standard of living, or protecting the environment?