UNIT 6. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
Lesson 6.1 Winter Holidays and Games
1. Do you know these words?
2. What is the difference between the words in blue?
I have got black skates. I skate every winter.
My skis are new. I ski every Sunday in winter.
I can sledge down this hill. My sledge is blue and silver.
This is my present for Granny. I present a postcard to my mom.
It is a surprise for you. Let’s surprise him with a party when he comes home.
3. Fill in the gaps.
1. Every Christmas I write and… postcards to my father and mother. 2. The… for the Christmas party are very beautiful. 3. When there is snow, we can make a… and play… 4. We prepare a… for our parents for Christmas. 5. I like winter because you can… , … , … , and play with snow.
4. Choose a word, keep it a secret.
Tell your partner about it.
Let your partner guess it.
5. What did you do before and after Christmas last year?
Buy – Last year before Christmas I bought presents for my family.
Prepare – prepared
Write – wrote
Buy – bought
Have – had
Give – gave
Cook – cooked
Play – played
Make – made
Go – went
Say – said
6. Listen to the story and answer the questions.
How many people are there in the story?
Is it before or after Christmas?
What did they do?
7. Listen again. Look at the pictures and put them in the right order.
Which picture is extra? Why?
8. Look at the extra picture and write what happened. Use the words:
Have dinner, ask, present, keep a secret, sad.