Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення, аудіювання, письма и читання; навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати відповідальне ставлення до своїх обов’язків.
You don’t need anything except a blackboard and a few pieces of paper. Divide the class into teams of 5 kids and seat each team around a desk. Each group must have a piece or two of blank paper and one student in each group will need to be a secretary. Next, evenly spaced out on the board you need to write Team 1, Team 2, Team 3, etc., depending on how many teams you have. Big groups are fine.
How to play: The groups will have just one minute to “brainstorm” and write on their piece of paper as many English words related
2. Reading and speaking
Do ex. 1, p. 80.
3. Writing and peaking
Work in pairs
Complete the lay out, follow it and tell how you help at home.
A. Good afternoon, … . Which chores do you like to do at home?
B. Hello, … . I like to… and… .
How do you help your mum at home?
A. I help my mum… and… . How do you help
B. I help my dad… and… . Which chore do you like best?
A. I like to… . Which chore do you like best?
B. I like to… .
A. Ok. I will see you later. I must walk the dog.
4. Vocabulary practice
Make up sentences.
For twenty minutes.
For half an hour.
Until they become golden.
Do ex. 2, p. 80.
Do ex. 3, p. 81.
6. Grammar practice
Do ex. 4, p. 81.
Read the text and do the task.
A newly published report says that girls should eat breakfast every day if they want to stay slim. Some researchers followed the eating habits and weight of nearly 2,400 girls. The conclusion of the findings was that teenage girls who ate cereal for breakfast three times a week or more were more likely to stay slim.
It was proved that “cereal consumption had positive effects on the girls”. This is because cereals contain high levels of calcium and fiber and low levels of fat and cholesterol. The researchers suggest that there are other reasons why eating cereal may help girls stay slimmer. One factor is that other he>
Say if the following statements true or false.
1. A new diet breakfast cereal has become popular with girls.
2. Researchers followed the eating habits of 2,400 girls for ten years.
3. Girls must eat cereal every day to stay slim.
4. Cereal consumption had positive effects on the girls.
5. Cereal is very high in cholesterol.
6. Milk and juice must be drunk with cereal for people to lose weight.
7. Cereal consumption helps girls get the right amounts of nutrients.
Key: 1 F; 2 T; 3 F; 4 T; 5 F; 6 F; 7 T.
Do you agree with these opinions on teenagers and weight?
1. People worry too much about kids’ weight.
2. Food companies should be more responsible and stop selling unhe>
3. Kids shouldn’t worry about their weight.
4. Cereals are boring.
5. It’s difficult to make sure kids get a good breakfast in today’s busy world.
6. Kids should eat breakfast with their family.
7. Kids want to eat the delicious things they see on television.
Write about your daily diet.
What is the most important meal of the day for you? Do you ever skip breakfast? Which of these things would you like to eat in the morning / in the evening?
– fried potatoes
– a glass of juice
– a cup of coffee