MY TYPICAL DAY
Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички, навички вимови, навички читання и усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати відповідальне ставлення до своїх обов’язків.
Answer the questions.
1. Do your parents ask you to do chores?
2. How many chores do you usually do?
3. Which chores are the worst?
4. Which chores do you prefer?
Work in pairs
Interview a classmate about his/her chores.
Do you have to do chores?
What do you have to do every day?
Do you like it?
Do ex. 4, p. 60 (homework).
… wants to
… likes to
I want to
I like to
Help other people.
Get a good experience
Make people happy.
Do something useful.
Write three things you like and three things you don’t like about housework.
Speak about it.
– I think household jobs are boring because…
– I like doing housework because…
3. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 5, p. 61.
Do ex. 6, p. 62.
Listen to the dialogue and do the task.
Daniel. Dad. Can I go outside to play?
Dad. Well, have you done your Saturday’s chores?
Daniel. Ah, Dad. Do I have to?
Dad. Well, you know the rules. No playing until the work is done.
Daniel. So, what is my work?
Dad. Well, first you have to clean the bathroom including the toilet. And don’t forget to scrub the bathtub.
Daniel. No, I want to do the family room.
Dad. Well, okay, but you have to vacuum the family room and the hall, and be sure to dust everything. Oh, and don’t forget to wipe the walls and clean the cupboards. And after that sweep and mop the kitchen floor and be sure to polish the table in the living room.
Daniel. Oh, no!
Dad. And make your bed and pick up all your CDs and put them away. And…
Daniel. Daddy, am I Cinderella?!
Dad. No, but how about going out for lunch and getting a big milk shake, but you probably don’t want to do that, Cinderella?
Daniel. Ok, ok! I want to.
Dad. So, while you’re doing your work, I’ll go outside to rake leaves and wash the car.
Choose the correct answer.
1. What does the boy want to do at the beginning of the conversation?
A) go play outside
B) watch TV
C) play video games
2. What is one thing the boy is NOT assigned to do around the house?
A) clean the garage
B) vacuum the floors
C) wash the walls
3. What does the boy have to do in his bedroom?
A) put away his books
B) make his bed
C) pick up his dirty clothes
4. What is the father going to do while the boy is doing his household chores?
A) wash the car
B) paint the house
C) work in the yard
5. Where will the father and son go after the housework is done?
A) to a movie
B) out to eat
C) to a ball game
Key: 1 a; 2 a; 3 b; 4 c; 5 b.
Do ex. 7, p. 62.
Do ex. 1, p. 63.
Do ex. 8, p. 63.
Do ex. 2, p. 63.