Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навич ки читання й усного мовлення з опорою на лексико-граматичні структури; розвива ти мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати любов до праці.
In groups, use this chart to ask your partners about their likes and dislikes. Then tell about it.
– Do you like doing the washing up?
– Do you like reading?
– Yes, I do./No, I don’t.
Doing the washing up
Doing the ironing
– Masha likes cooking. Sasha doesn’t like doing the washing up.
Listen to Paul talking about how the members of his family share the jobs in the house. Complete the chart with the jobs each of them does.
– So Paul, how do the members of your family share the household jobs? For example, who does the washing up?
– My sister does that. And sometimes I do it. We have a dishwasher and it is not difficult for me to put the dirty dishes into it.
– Do you do the shopping?
– No, my parents do the food shopping. They like buying food at the market. And I can only buy some crisps and a can of cola.
– What about cleaning?
– I must say that I clean my room every day. I don’t like doing it very much but I have to. My sister usually vacuums the living-room and my mother cleans the kitchen and the bathroom.
– What about the cooking and ironing? Who does that?
– Well, those are my sister’s and my mother’s jobs. I can’t cook at all and I hate ironing. But my father is keen on cooking. As he is very busy during the week, he can cook tasty things for us only at the weekend.
– And who washes clothes in your family?
– Anybody who has free time. It’s the easiest thing to put the clothes into the washing machine and turn it on. As for me, I wash my clothes myself.
Fill in the gaps.
Lay, mops, grass, watch, garbage, sleep, makes dinner, make, does the washing up
I live in a house with my mom, dad and two brothers. We all have chores that we do each week.
My mom… every night. We usually eat pizza or tacos. She also cleans the kitchen. Mom… the floor when it is dirty and she… after dinner in the sink. My dad cuts the… outside and takes out the… . They both work very hard to keep our house clean.
My brothers and I like to help. Before dinner we… the table and every morning we… our beds. After dinner we all usually… TV together in the living room. At 10:00 PM we all go to… .
4. Writing and speaking
Do ex. 7, p. 50.
Teacher shows pictures and pupils write down the words.
Answer the questions.
1. Do your friends help their parents?
2. Do you like to help your mother?
3. Can you clean the flat?
4. Have you got many flowers at home?
5. Do you water the flowers?
6. Do you help to lay the table?
7. Do you go to the shops and buy food?
8. What can you buy in the shops yourself?
9. How often do you go to the market?
10. What daily household jobs have you got?
Write a short paragraph about household chores in your family.