Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; вдосконалювати навички висловлювання своєї думки, усного мовлення й читання; розвивати мовну здогадку й мовленнєву реакцію учнів; виховувати зацікавленість у розширенні своїх знань.
Do ex. 1, p. 4.
Answer the questions (p. 7).
3. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 1, p. 8.
Practise the new vocabulary (p. 9) chorally and individually.
Read through the sentences and practise the new vocabulary.
Run and jump
The science lab.
The music classroom.
The art classroom.
The English classroom.
Have Ukrainian lessons
The Ukrainian classroom.
Keep our things
Change our clothes before PE
The changing rooms.
Talk to our teachers
The staff room.
Talk to our headmaster
The headmaster’s office.
Have computer studies
The computer room.
Can find a necessary book
Complete the following sentences.
1. The staff room is a room where we can… .
2. The gym is a place where we usually… .
3. The science lab is a room where we… .
4. The canteen is a place where we… .
5. The locker is a place where you… .
6. The Maths classroom is a room where we… .
7. The staff room is a room where our teachers… .
8. The computer room is a place… .
9. The English classroom is a room where we… .
10. The art classroom is a room where we like to… .
11. The library is a place where you… .
12. The music classroom is a room where we… .
13. We use stairs for going… (up and down).
14. We use entrance to… (enter the school).
15. The school kitchen is a place where the chef… .
Practise the prepositions.
Do ex. 2, p. 9.
Do ex. 3, p. 9.
Listen to the story and do the task.
SCHOOL LIFE FOR A 13-YEAR-OLD BRITISH BOY
My School is a mixed 11-18 school. There about 1,150 students in my school, including 200 in the sixth form. It is called a Technology College and specializes in Computers and Maths. My school has over 1200 computers (including over 400 tablet PC’s)
I am in Year 8. Some subjects are compulsory like Maths, English, Science and a foreign language, but I like PE most of all.
My school day starts early in the morning. I leave home at 6:45 and walk 20 minutes to catch a bus to school. The bus is a special one just for kids going to my school. The journey on the bus takes an hour because it has to keep stopping to pick up other students along the way.
When I arrive at school, I collect my Tablet PC and go to my Tutor Room for Registration at 8:30. We listen to announcements to see what special things are happening at school today or this week.
At about 8:50 we leave Tutor Room to go to our First Period which starts in 10 minutes. Every day I have a different Lesson the first period. Normally it is Humanities but I also have Maths, Drama and Music, and French on the other days. Each period lasts an hour. We don’t use our Tablet PCs in all lessons because some rooms do not have enough power sockets. We use the Tablets to do our work on and to search the Internet. Our Tablet PCs are connected to a Network so we can send our work straight to our teachers. All my lessons are in different rooms and places around the school. I have different teachers for each lesson. I have a locker where I can store some of my stuff.
I have a break from 11.00 to 11.20 when I can have a snack and play and chat with my friends. After the fourth period we have lunch. I bring a packed lunch to school but occasionally I have school dinners in the School Canteen that is open at Lunch Time and Break Time. Most hot food is served only at lunch time. Chips are only available on Mondays and Fridays.
School ends at 3.10 and I sometimes stay after school for clubs.
Say if the following statements true or false.
1. The boy studies in a specialized school.
2. He likes foreign languages most of all.
3. He gets up early in the morning and walk to school.
4. Computer studies and maths are his compulsory subjects.
5. The first period starts at 9 o’clock.
6. Each period in their school lasts 60 minutes.
7. They don’t use their Tablet PCs in all lessons because they are not allowed to do it.
8. The boy keeps his things in his locker.
9. He always has lunch in the school canteen.
10. The students can buy chips in the canteen every day.
Key: 1 T; 2 F; 3 F; 4 T; 5 T; 6 T; 7 F; 8 T; 9 F; 10 F.
Word Association Game
You may use activities and places or subject and places.
Example: play football – gym, have a snack – canteen.
Do ex. 4, p. 9.