Unit 7 MY SCHOOL
1. Make up and act out mini-dialogues on four of the pictures.
Model: A: How do you like this English lesson?
B: It’s amazing!
Use: How do you find…? What do you think of…? What about…?
2. Say who is wearing or not wearing the following to school. Make up true sentences.
A sweater with a pattern
A flowered skirt
A plain suit
A polka dot blouse
A striped shirt
A plain T-shirt
A checked shirt
A plain jacket
A plain coat
Model: I am wearing a checked shirt and plain trousers. I’m not wearing skirts to school.
3. Say whether you do that. Make up true sentences.
Model: Sometimes I miss Geography.
1. miss classes
2. do home assignment
3. take part in after school activities
4. get bad/good marks
5. prepare presentations
6. make reports
7. help other pupils with studies 8 behave well/badly
9. travel together with your classmates
10. celebrate holidays together with your classmates
4. Prepare and then present a report about your activity at school.
5. Complete the text in the Past Simple. Use the verbs from the box.
Talk, work, arrive, continue, finish, listen, play, start
I remember my first day at school in 20… . I at 8.30 and… lessons at 9.00. We… from 9.00 to 12.00. The teachers… to us a lot. Then we… football for an hour. In the afternoon we… the lessons and… to the teacher carefully. Then at 3.30 the lessons… . It was a long and tiring day!
6. Tell about your first day at school. Use exercise 5 as an example.