UNIT 7. FORECASTING MACHINE
Lesson 7. 4 Thank You, Grandma!
1. What is going to happen on Monday?
On Monday it is going to snow.
2. Fill in the gaps.
– Is it going to snow… Tuesday?
– No, it is going to…
– What are you… to wear on Tuesday?
– I am going to wear boots… a coat. What about…?
– I don’t know, but I… going to take an umbrella.
– Good idea! I am going to take an…, too!
Make up your dialogue with information from Task 1.
3. Do you know these words?
On the loose
4. Read and answer the questions.
Who says “attention!” on television?
Who is dangerous?
Who thanks Grandma?
Who talks with the reporter?
Who saved everyone?
Who is on the loose?
Who is catching the tiger?
Suddenly a reporter on television says:
“Attention! Dangerous tiger on the loose! Stay inside. Close your doors and windows!”
The town is watching with open mouths as the police officers are catching the tiger and taking it to the safari park.
Many people are coming to Grandma’s house to thank her. “Why was everyone at home?” asks a reporter.
“Daisy’s grandma,” says a boy. “She told us about a t-t-t…” “Tiger!” says Daisy quickly.
“Wow!” says the reporter. “So Daisy’s grandma saved everyone!” ‘Yes,” laughs Daisy proudly. “She did!”
5. Look at the picture and say what is true and what is not.
Happy people are outside. Grandma is not
6. Choose a character and describe him/her. Let your partner guess the character.
7. Put the words in the right order.
A tiger is quicker than Grandma.
8. Describe the pictures.
The reporter is talking to…