UNIT 5. A PLACE TO LIVE
Lesson 5.1 Meet Benedict!
1. What is there in your village, town or city?
There is a church in our village.
2. Do you know these words?
Make up sentences with the words and pictures above
People like our church and go there on Sundays.
I lived in a village last year.
I didn’t live…
She saw a nice house two days ago.
She didn’t see…
They took a bag to go to the shop yesterday.
They didn’t take…
3. Choose the right word.
Two days ago I take / took your book.
Yesterday I saw / see her when I come / came to school.
Last year I found / find a nice place to rest.
Last week I flew /fly to Odessa and sit / sat by the window.
Yesterday I have / had a picnic.
4. Where can Benedict live?
Benedict can live in a house.
Benedict can live in a church.
Benedict can live in a…
5. Listen to the story and say where Benedict lived / didn’t live.
6. Listen again and make up the sentences.
… liked playing…
… sat in the…
… didn’t like…
… came and took…
7. Say as many true sentences about Benedict as you can.
8. Write the past form of the words.
Live – lived
Write what you did / didn’t do last year. Use these words.
9. Speak about how Benedict came to school.
Benedict went from the block of flats to the church.