UNIT 5. A PLACE TO LIVE
Lesson 5.3 In the Village and in the Town
1. Do you know these words?
Block of flats
What is there in your village/city?
There are many blocks of flats in our city.
There is a church in our village.
2. Choose a city or a village. Speak about it. Let your partner guess it.
3. Say 1 false and 4 true sentences about your village/city. Let your partner guess the false sentence.
There are / aren’t…
There is / isn’t…
People live / like…
I like / don’t like…
4. Remember the story of Benedict and put the facts in the right order.
Sentence F is number one.
A. He sat in the shoe and wanted to live in it.
B. Benedict’s brothers and sisters played with his toys.
C. Benedict flew over the river.
D. He sat on the bridge but fell down from it.
E. It was John’s shoe; he came and took it away.
F. Benedict lived with his brothers and sisters.
G. Benedict flew to the park and found a shoe.
5. Listen to the story and find where Benedict flew.
6. Answer the questions. Listen again and check your answers.
1. Where did Benedict fly?
2. Why was Benedict happy on the monument?
3. Who came to the monument?
4. Why didn’t Benedict like other birds?
5. What did Benedict do after that?
7. Do you know these instructions?
Go straight go left turn right go along
Look at the picture and check the instructions.
– Excuse me. Can you help me, please?
– Yes, how can I help you?
– Please, tell me where the fountain is.
– Sure! Go straight and take the second turn to the left.
1- 4 – blocks of flats
5 – church
6-8 – shops 9 – school
10-12 – houses
13 – fountain
14 – monument
Roleplay your dialogue.
8. Find 6 differences and speak about them.
9. Write about your town/village. Use the words from Task 1 and examples from Task 3.