UNIT 5. A PLACE TO LIVE
Lesson 5.2 Where Did Benedict Go?
1. Where was Benedict?
Benedict was in the town.
In front of
2. Choose one bird in the picture. Say “Over”. Let your partner make a correct sentence with his/her book closed.
Go – went
Sit – sat
Fly – flew
See – saw
Fall down – fell down
Is – was
3. Fill in the gaps.
1. Benedict (fly) … to the river.
2. He (sit) … in the river.
3. Benedict (fall) … down from the house.
4. Benedict (see) … a nest on the bridge.
5. The bridge (is) … a good nest for Benedict.
4. Read the story and find true sentences in Task 3
There was a nice place over the river.
Benedict liked it and flew there.
He sat there and listened to the river. It was nice.
But the nest went rocking and Benedict fell into the river.
He looked up and saw it was a bridge, not a nest.
(After Chris L. Demarest)
Correct the false sentences in Task 3.
5. Put the words in the right order. Answer the questions.
Where were Benedict’s sisters and brothers? – In the nest.
6. Choose a place in the town in the picture in Task 1. Keep it a secret. Let your partner guess it.
Аrе you behind the house?
No, I am not.
Are you on the bridge?
Yes, I am.
7. Say as many true sentences about Benedict in one minute as you can. Use these words.
Fall down into
8. Write about Benedict using the picture in Task 1.
Benedict was in the shoe.